Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Preschool comes to a close


What.... the year is over already?? Wait, it just started. I just picked out Evan's first day outfit and got him his new school bag and took this picture of him before we left. I just dropped him off for the very first time and with tears in my eyes began this new milestone for both of us. And here it is May already... The last week, his closing program tomorrow and it is still hard to believe. Well, actually it's not. Its' been a great year for Evan. I still remember driving him that first day, looking back at him in his car seat as we sat at the stop light a mile away. With a lump in my throat I turned and asked him "You ready for school Evan" He nodded but had no idea what I was talking about. Now 9 months later I can't keep him quiet about school. He has loved his teachers Ms Sabrina and Ms Tracie. He has made friends, he has gotten time outs and yes even once had to sit in Ms Tracie office for pushing another kid. He has learned new songs, blessings to say before meals, and has taught me a thing or two about the "proper way" to do puzzles. I am so amazed at how much Evan has changed over the last year. I took him to school as a 2 1/2 year old and picked him up as a boy....a boy I can have conversations with. A boy who now can poop on the potty all by himself, a boy who in ten minutes I will get up for school and he will go down the stairs counting each one in Spanish. My boy Evan....but always and forever always my baby. I am so proud of him. Now let summer begin!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

great post mary!!! you always know just the right way to explain exactly how i am feeling!!!

congrats on making it through the first year... how many more until he finishes up medical school??!!

Carainn said...

Mary.

wonderful post!
Evin has change so much & has goting so big.
Thanks for sharing.
love Carainn

ODonnell Family Blog said...

OH Mary! (sniff) What a great post! (sniff)