Monday, July 28, 2008

Mommy goes on Vacation

A few weeks ago I was able to go spend a "Mommy Free" beach getaway down to the Outer Banks to see my cousin Lori. I had such a wonderful time breaking out of my routine and kicking back in the sand and surf. And just like all stay at home Mom's who eat sleep and breathe mommy hood I only checked on the kids and their dad about 17 times a day. Pretty good huh? I think so too.
It was great to be a way for a few days, but I learned that though I was technically off duty I can never turn off my Mommy switch. I realized this every time I saw little toddler boys playing on the beach. I would gaze at them, missing Evan and Ryan more than I thought would. Later at night, out having fun at a local beach pub, I would see families come in all freshly sun kissed from a day at the beach and I would miss my family even more. But that is okay. Because I know now more than ever how lucky I am. I am lucky to have the opportunity to take a break and spend time with my cousin who I love dearly. I was lucky to be able to unplug for a few days, sleep in a little and enjoy a nice cold beer at lunch time. I was lucky enough to put my feet in the sand and inhale the ocean as it's one of my favorite places to be. And most important I am so lucky to have Evan Ryan and Chris waiting for me at the airport full of smiles and full of love as Mommy came home.

1 comment:

megan said...

What a great little vacation! Glad you were able to go!